Today was my first day back at work. I cried; numerous times in fact. Once I was actually working it kind of felt good. It felt good to be making money. It felt good to be moving around more than I have in the last three months and it felt good to be forced into getting myself organized. Last night I had dinner for today made, the laundry done and the diaper bag packed and then I was even ready this morning with about 30 mins to spare. That doesn't happen in my life! How is that having more free time seems to encourage more slothfulness and helps me get nothing done than when I have too much going on?
Anyway, Toby got to go to the Reilly's house for the day. Thank goodness he was a good boy otherwise she might never do it again! Hilary sure loves her Toby Tiner (the Reilly kids always call him "Toby Tiner" or at least they used to!) and I know that the kids were excited to see him, too. That helped me feel ok about leaving him. Hilary really knows how to love the little ones. She is such a good mommy/auntie.
Anyway, Toby got to go to the Reilly's house for the day. Thank goodness he was a good boy otherwise she might never do it again! Hilary sure loves her Toby Tiner (the Reilly kids always call him "Toby Tiner" or at least they used to!) and I know that the kids were excited to see him, too. That helped me feel ok about leaving him. Hilary really knows how to love the little ones. She is such a good mommy/auntie.
4 comments:
well i'm happy and sad for you. i'm sure toby missed you too.
I know Toby missed you too but you are right about Auntie Hilary, he couldnt be in more loving hands!
Welcome to the beginning of many more years of finding time to get things done you never imagined could be done in 24 hours!
Love ya,
Mom
well, i have to say i was a little disappointed. toby slept for 3 1/2 hours, which meant that i didn't get to interact with him as much! hahaha!
it's so hard going back to work for the first time after you have a baby. i went back once a week after i had brooklyn, but quite once jesi came. it's really hard, but in a weird way it's kinda nice to talk to adults during the day too.
Post a Comment