11 December 2007

is this a joke?


My mom cleaned out her recipe box and sent the random recipe cards home with me. It took me a couple of days to sift through them and thank goodness I did! How could she get rid of this gem!? Deviled hot dogs!? A crowd pleaser for sure! The suggested menu they offer is a small sample of perfection- deviled hot dogs, baked potatoes, corn muffins, cabbage-carrot slaw and to wash it down cherry parfaits! I think that eating this dinner must feel a bit like walking into the heart of Willy Wonkas factory. Bliss! Did people seriously ever eat like this????

4 comments:

Becky said...

Well, I can guarantee you I never ate like that! You would have to have June Cleaver for a mother or something!

Mom

Ross, Toby and Holden said...

June Cleaver!? I was thinking Mrs. Roper. I think this menu is what sent Congress to convene and make the food pyramid.

jason sabatini said...

That was a typical lunch and/or dinner for Darin when we were roommates. Whatever was in the cupboard was fair game. -Jason

Anonymous said...

It is now clear to me that what is missing from my life is a schedule included with all recipes - allowing me just enough time to slip into a clean dress, mix a drink, grab his slippers and have supper waiting on the table for my darling husband. Barf.