06 December 2007

the road to Cortina


Darin and I have been wanting to go to a new Italian restaurant in town for some time. We love Italian. Unfortunately after checking out what seemed to be a delicious menu with not so delicious prices, we decided that Cortina would have to wait for a special occasion. Six months later our time has come!

Last night, Darin, Toby and I got semi-dolled up after receiving a very special letter in the mail. Darin was accepted into the UNLV Dental School, class of 2012! Yes! We were so excited. Darin couldn't believe it and I can't imagine the relief he must have felt! Congratulations Darin!

Just by chance, they sat us next to the fire place. How did they know we were having a special night!? We splurged on dinner and dessert and Toby was an absolute angel ,even though we were there past his bedtime. On the way home we decided to stop by my mom's house and when we walked in she and Whitney had some celebratory sparkling cider and a chocolate satin pie waiting to honor him! It was so much fun. My mom really has a way of letting people know that she loves them. She knows how to make people feel special!

What a journey. Darin has worked SO hard and clearly UNLV has recognized what an asset he is and will be to their school and to the community. I am so lucky to have him and I couldn't be more proud. I LOVE YOU!

11 comments:

The Sabatini Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS DARIN!! That is so exciting that you got into Dental school - not an easy thing right now! :) What an awesome achievement, We are so happy for you and your family. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Way to Go Darin! We are so proud of you, and have been holding our breath all week waiting to hear the news. CONGRATS - you are going to make an awesome dentist!
Love you, Josh and Karly

CC said...

Let the knitting begin!!! Congratulations Darin, your hard work is paying off.

Becky said...

Didnt UNLV just make a wise choice?! Darin will absolutely be an asset to his class. And I have a feeling a gentle and kind dentist!!!

I am going to save up alllll my really complicated dental work for him! :)

Love,
Mom/Becky

Leslie said...

Congratulations!! We are proud of you and your hard work!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Darin! It sure is a great feeling to get that letter.

Hannah Stevenson said...

DARIN!!! Congratulations! You are really on your way...I've got this tooth...well, I won't bother you with the details now...Congratulations!!!

Hannah Stevenson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jake and Libby: said...

YEAH! CONGRATS!!!!!

Cedric, Sarah, Scout, and Baxter Anderson said...

Hey man, Congratulations! We know it's rather belated, but know matter how long it takes us to say so, we are proud of you! Now you can help all the little kids who knock their teeth out on their bike handles!

Cedric, Sarah, Scout, and Baxter Anderson said...

And by "know", I of course meant "no"...