07 December 2007

toby's week of firsts

What is that and WHY are you putting in my mouth!? Maybe if I help...nope, nope, that doesn't make it any better.
Having fun in the swing. Toby's favorite pasttime: watching football with Dad!


haha! Tricked you, Mom! I am NOT going to roll over today!

It has been a busy week for Toby. He had his first solids, which he did not like. Weird how he will suck on an apple but won't take milk-flavored cereal. Maybe he is like his mother and would just assume not eat bland food! Atta boy!

He rolled over. Hilary was the witness to that one. I have tried every day since to get him to do it again but so far he just hangs out and looks at me. Whitney asked me if I was sad. I was not sad. I was happy and I thought it was totally exciting! I couldn't stop laughing. First steps I might be upset about if I missed everything else also, but I think I'll be just fine.

The same day at Hilary's Toby apparently was laughing quite a bit. It has taken me a few days to get that out of him also but finally today, 3 days later, I got it out of him. It was fun. I had heard him do one giggle weeks before now but not a laugh like this.

He also sat up on his own. Not for than about 10 seconds but it was stinkin' cute.

Addendum: Toby also gave me his first kiss ever! Darin witnessed it and he thought/thinks it is THE cutest thing he has ever seen!

Here are some pics of him almost rolling then not, first food and other misc.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

He is sooo super dang cute!!

Hilary said...

i am sooo glad you were not sad, because i was worried that you would be since i saw him roll over first. i almost didn't say anything. and it wasn't planned, he just did it!! and there is NO way i would help him with his first steps without you and darin to see it!

CC said...

oh my gosh i can't wait to make him laugh til he chokes!