having seen this bathroom which has a lot of floor space for just having a toilet and a pedastal sink, i have to wonder how big of bathmat aka bathroom rug and what shape would look best.
i tend to agree with karly about the need for any sort of rug in there. just find some cute things to fill up a little of the floor space since it is so spacious. ya know, a basket for tp, hang some pictures stacked that go low ... look in some magazines. :)
a bathroom without a mat is kind of not very homey. it reminds me of a business or hotel. even if you just get something for the sink, or something cute decorative for the center of the bathroom. wait to buy something you love. just cause you have the space doesn't mean it has to be filled asap. i would hate to be in someones home and walk into a bathroom without a mat, especially if i was comfortable enough to hang out without shoes.
well CC, you should stay FAR away from our downstairs bathroom. No rug or mat, AND a basket for the toilet paper! I guess you now have an excuse to never come and visit.
Well, I think I am eventually going to put something in there. It is a large open space...probably 8x8...and I think it would feel nice. It might end up being the prettiest/most decorated room in my house once there is paint and a new rug. Hmmm. Party in my bathroom anyone?
Go Ross! I am totally into rugs...I wish had more...You could always find an accent rug instead! (NO bath mat is my vote, but definetly a accent rug to warm up the room) PS I seem to collect baskets for my bathrooms too. Sorry CC.
PS Would you guys quit tempting me into leaving comments...cause it is 10 pm and I have to teach relief society tomorrow. Totally nervous...my lesson is about sexual abuse.
WiLL- Ross, some of the best partying I have ever done has been in a bathroom. So I am for rugs because of that. It gets kind of loud in that small space and if it has a hard floor-PLEASE TELL ME IT DOES NOT HAVE CARPET-it gets echoey and the rug keeps the noise down. It also keeps the noise down when guests are over and need some privacy and they won't get all nervous when they go cause they think it might echo out into the house.
Hey Ross I was wondering if you would be willing to be my roommates dental hygiene patient for this semester. she had one set up but it kind of flopped. We need to find someone that is reliable and committed for 9 clinical sessions. They would be on either Tuesday evenings or thursday mornings. It would be great if you could do it and she said she would pay for your babysitting. Email me at jdmccombs@yahoo.com to let me know either way. Thanks and you would get a free cleaning out of it.
Once again, CC, you made me look like an idiot by laughing outloud at my desk at work, when I am SUPPOSED to be working! Seriously, I cant stop laughing...creepy spinning fetus..gets me everytime.
24 comments:
yes. echo.
I added a shelf and some wall decor and that eliminated most of the echo. What about comfort wise???
it depends if you go to the bathroom with your shoes on or not:)
how's vegas?
having seen this bathroom which has a lot of floor space for just having a toilet and a pedastal sink, i have to wonder how big of bathmat aka bathroom rug and what shape would look best.
Guessing trial and error will tell. :)
a big one. lots of color and personality. brightens things up. more comfort.
my vote is no. Bath mats are for keeping bare feet warm on cold mornings - guest 1/2 baths don't need one.
i tend to agree with karly about the need for any sort of rug in there. just find some cute things to fill up a little of the floor space since it is so spacious. ya know, a basket for tp, hang some pictures stacked that go low ... look in some magazines. :)
a bathroom without a mat is kind of not very homey. it reminds me of a business or hotel. even if you just get something for the sink, or something cute decorative for the center of the bathroom. wait to buy something you love. just cause you have the space doesn't mean it has to be filled asap.
i would hate to be in someones home and walk into a bathroom without a mat, especially if i was comfortable enough to hang out without shoes.
ps, i am firmly against baskets on bathroom floors.
well CC, you should stay FAR away from our downstairs bathroom. No rug or mat, AND a basket for the toilet paper! I guess you now have an excuse to never come and visit.
i am crackin up at how much controversy decorating a bathroom stirs up. haha i am going to start paying more attention to bathrooms! haha
the only thing stopping me from visiting the j.r goodrich house is some monies. i'll bring my own bathmat! :)
what have your thoughts been ross, especially after so much commentary?
Geez... if you ever refer to OUR house as the J.R Goodrich house again your probably not invited anyway!! :)
Well, I think I am eventually going to put something in there. It is a large open space...probably 8x8...and I think it would feel nice. It might end up being the prettiest/most decorated room in my house once there is paint and a new rug. Hmmm. Party in my bathroom anyone?
Also, when I find a rug, I will be using a round one.
Apaprently she didnt really care what any of us thought. She clearly has her mind made up! haha
Ash sent me your link, she said you were all unpacked and everything- that's motivation!
Go Ross! I am totally into rugs...I wish had more...You could always find an accent rug instead! (NO bath mat is my vote, but definetly a accent rug to warm up the room) PS I seem to collect baskets for my bathrooms too. Sorry CC.
PS Would you guys quit tempting me into leaving comments...cause it is 10 pm and I have to teach relief society tomorrow. Totally nervous...my lesson is about sexual abuse.
WiLL-
Ross, some of the best partying I have ever done has been in a bathroom. So I am for rugs because of that. It gets kind of loud in that small space and if it has a hard floor-PLEASE TELL ME IT DOES NOT HAVE CARPET-it gets echoey and the rug keeps the noise down. It also keeps the noise down when guests are over and need some privacy and they won't get all nervous when they go cause they think it might echo out into the house.
You were all thinking it, I said it!!
i'm glad the creepy spinning fetus is looking less creepy now. way to grow baby!
Hey Ross I was wondering if you would be willing to be my roommates dental hygiene patient for this semester. she had one set up but it kind of flopped. We need to find someone that is reliable and committed for 9 clinical sessions. They would be on either Tuesday evenings or thursday mornings. It would be great if you could do it and she said she would pay for your babysitting. Email me at jdmccombs@yahoo.com to let me know either way. Thanks and you would get a free cleaning out of it.
Once again, CC, you made me look like an idiot by laughing outloud at my desk at work, when I am SUPPOSED to be working! Seriously, I cant stop laughing...creepy spinning fetus..gets me everytime.
Post a Comment