Sometime in the last week or so Toby has decided to become ridiculously picky. He only wants strawberries, grapes, fruit loops, pretzels or watermelon. Half the time he looks at what it is, even if he has never seen it before and scoffs loudly, turns his head and sticks his tongue out. He loves eggs, so this morning I made him eggs. He cried. Yesterday I made him grilled cheese. He loves grilled cheese. He cried and threw it. He throws everything. So, this morning after he wouldn't eat the eggs or the raisins- he already threw his banana- I calmly took him out and set him down to play. After a few minutes he cried. And cried. And cried. So I put him back to bed only an hour after he woke up with no breakfast. Maybe he'll cool down and I'll go get a hungry boy???
Anyway, when he throws his food (he has that look like, "What are you going to do about it, Mom?"), I very firmly say no, ask him not to throw his food and take it away. He then does his disapproving grunt at me. It sounds like someone clearing their throat to spit. I don't think my method is working. Any ideas on how I can get him to eat first off, and second not to throw his food like a little defiant bad boy?????
29 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I think you handled it perfectly! I believe if you are consistent, he will learn. Be careful, though, (I've learned from sad experience) not to accidently teach him that he "should" throw his food when he's done.
Brianna has taken to tasting something, and then quickly saying, "Don't like it. Don't like it, sorry." Unfortunately, it's VERY CUTE!
Being a parent it the most challenging, tricky, mind-stretching thing I've ever done.
Good luck!
well, i think it happened, you got a miniature version of yourself. hahah!
also, creeepy spinning fetus is now sucking his thumb. getting less creepy by the day.
Good Luck Ross...There is no manuel sorry. I figure when Ila starts dumping her plate ....she is done. Sometimes I try later and later...then give up.
Spank him...Spank him hard. You know I am kidding, kind of. :) Good Luck if you find the cure let me know. Savannah does the same thing, sometimes I just have to walk away and let her cry.
Rossy, you are doing just fine. Dont get mad, just calmly remove him from the food, just like you are doing and he will eat when he wants to. Remember, babies are like adults, sometimes we are ravenous and sometimes we dont really feel like eating too much. And sometimes we want to eat at different times of day than the norm. If only he could tell you that it is just a phase he is going thru ... one of many to come! :)
24 hours of starvation and dim lighting locked in a crib will push him over the edge to be 100% FERAL. He just wants to live with the dogs Ross!!!
-WILL
Hey I keep forgetting to ask you- did you find a good OB here in Vegas yet? Mine is wonderful!!!! If you don't have one yet let me know and I'll get you his info! ( : Page
well i tried to put a comment about this right after you did this post, but my computer didn't let me for some reason. anyway...
i was going to say that even though you may want to give him a variety of foods, sometimes you just have to give him what he'll eat. even if it's the same thing over and over. doctors say this too...it doesn't matter if he is eating the same thing as long as he's eating something. he'll probably get sick of it then want something else.
When do you find out whether "creepy spinning fetus" is a boy or a girl???
oh eden, you win on that one.
Hi! I noticed on the dental wives blog that you guys live right by us. My husband is also going to dental school and his name is Kyle Jamison. My name is Dayna. We are in High Noon right by the Centennial Hills hospital. I am also prego and due in less than 3 weeks!
Hey when do you find out what you are having?
Post a Comment