11 December 2008

for mom

I have been meaning to do at least some Christmas decorating but with all the sickies and getting ready for company it didn't seem to top the list. With Mom's gentle prodding I decided to have an outing (ALL BY MYSELF!!!) to Jo-Ann's for 60% off stuff and this is what I got for under $15. I am not sure what my future Christmas decor will be like (this year is looking rather formal) but this is fun and adds some cheer to our home. Darin told me he thinks it's cute when I do stuff like this. I asked him why and he said because it makes our house feel like a home. So, thanks mom for making me do something to make my family feel at home. We love you and can't wait to have you here for more than 20 minutes.



PS- Don't mock all you sibling mockers. This is my first try at something like this! I don't think it's half bad. I wouldn't mind it being a little more full but when the budget's full the decor will be full.

PSS- We are not having a tree this year because it seems Toby has taken after his mother, and there is NOWHERE that I could put that thing that he wouldn't get to. You pick your battles and this year I am choosing not to have this constant battle. Who knows, maybe in the next few days a construction paper tree will appear on our wall. I think it's a good idea, don't you CC?

6 comments:

Becky said...

I think its just beautiful and it does add a feeling of hominess and holiday.

ps If your arent having a tree at least now you can take pics of Toby opening his presents under the garland on the stairs so we will know in years to come that it was Christmas! :)

Anonymous said...

No mocking from me - I think it looks wonderful and festive. I tried to wrap ribbon around garland last year and my attempt looked so pathetic i ripped it all down. So needless to say, I'm impressed with your ribbon wrapping skills! :)

CC said...

you did a nice job. now all you need is the construction paper tree and a 3rd stocking. you seem to be missing one.

Whit and Jake said...

Ross I think it looks great! This year I am using the hand-me-downs that I got and a couple of candles and a Christmas tree and just that little bit has helped put me in the Christmas spirit. I think you did a great job and I think it's cute that Darin loves it too!

Woodards said...

You can put your presents under our tree...I will try not to open them!

Anonymous said...

Ross, you did a fine job, all you need is a little red and green to start with! I remember a lot of years with felt and plastic ornaments, we have finally grown up at our house. Aunt Robin