Originally, I was only going to paint the wall behind the bookcase and that little mini wall adjacent to it to add some color in this room. Then I got to thinking that I might enjoy seeing the cool blue/green when I am at my desk or other parts of the house facing that way. The dilema is-can it work painting the wall that the desk faces if I just stop the paint and go straight up to the ceiling at the edge of the arch??? What would you do?
18 December 2008
HELP!!!
First off, don't judge. The house is messy and I don't care. Second, I need help with a painting dilema and I am taking a poll. Please leave your thoughts/advice as comments. We are starting to paint Friday night.

Originally, I was only going to paint the wall behind the bookcase and that little mini wall adjacent to it to add some color in this room. Then I got to thinking that I might enjoy seeing the cool blue/green when I am at my desk or other parts of the house facing that way. The dilema is-can it work painting the wall that the desk faces if I just stop the paint and go straight up to the ceiling at the edge of the arch??? What would you do?
Originally, I was only going to paint the wall behind the bookcase and that little mini wall adjacent to it to add some color in this room. Then I got to thinking that I might enjoy seeing the cool blue/green when I am at my desk or other parts of the house facing that way. The dilema is-can it work painting the wall that the desk faces if I just stop the paint and go straight up to the ceiling at the edge of the arch??? What would you do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
personally, i wouldnt like to stop the color in the middle of that wall on the edge of that arch/doorway. just wouldnt work for me. i feel like you would have to do the entire wall. there are my 2 cents.
have fun painting!
I agree with Becky. Can you do the whole wall that the arched doorway is on?
ditto mom, josh and karly. I was thinking maybe you could a chair rail on the desk wall, but then i thought what about this...(it is something i was thinking of doing in the boys room)...a magnetic rail to separate the top and bottom with the bottom half of the wall in the color you want to see. then you use the magnetic rail to hang papers, pics, etc.
Ditto the previous three comments. I just think it would look awkward having such a sharp cut-off. Hilary's idea sounds pretty cute. I will look into more ideas for you before tonight.
no cut off. all or none.
can't wait for finished pics.
Ross, why are you painting right now?? you need to relax or something! :)
Ha ha! I think it would be pretty entertaining to see you go against all of this advice. I have none to offer. I just can't wait to see what you decide.
It is against all painting rules to split a wall. Sorry Ross, no go for me.
Post a Comment