22 December 2008

is that a dog?

I had an Ob appointment today. There was a dog roaming the halls. All I could think was, is there seriously a DOG in my doctor's office. I wonder if she's pregnant? I almost stepped on it. I should have kicked it. It belongs to my doctor who consequently wears flip flops. Is that legal? Either one of the afformentioned subjects...legal?? Did I mention that at this office I was given a flu shot from a no glove wearing nurse who put her naked finger on the injection site to stop the blood. Oh, did I also mention that after exams my doctor likes to leave me in the stirrups and walk out on me instead of telling me I can get up and/or helping me up. HELLO! Can't you see I have a friggin' watermelon on the front of me. Do you know how easy it is to get up off of this table you jerk idiot!? By the way, Darin wants me to inform that he was happy with the dog in the office as he thought it might be a lovely distraction for Toby. Yeah, I don't think Toby even noticed this little rat. Guess what else? After you pee in a cup, you have to walk it out to the nurse at this random sink in the middle of the hall where they do paperwork and chit chat. Today, I set my pee down less than 2 ft. from someones diet coke. Maybe I should have used some force when setting it down so there was some splashing. Too bad I like the nurse (not the shot nurse) otherwise I might have. I looked at the groups website tonight. I am calling tomorrow to see if I can switch to another doctor in the group. He seems great. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Oh, by the way, I am dilated to a 3. My doctor told me as she was walking out the door after my exam. I wonder if she washed her hands.

***I am sure you are asking, "Why didn't you switch sooner?" When we moved down here I was already 4 mos. pregnant. Insurance was a mess. It was hard to get in somewhere and this doctor (choke) came reccomended. I had already seen two docs this pregnancy and didn't want to make it 3. 3 I think it will have to be.***

14 comments:

Hilary said...

okay...yuck...ew...blech...gasp...and everything else like that you can think of! that seems like one germ and disease spreadin, inconsiderate doctor's office. i think i would be changing!

CC said...

sick.
change now. and complain, in writing. you know how.
also, pop that sucker out already.

Paige & Carlos said...

Ross,

Don't you dare put up with that crap any longer. You need to switch docs immediately. You definitely don't want the person who can't even help you up to be catching your baby. Maybe you will keep dilating and pop that baby out early:)

Shannon said...

ooo ick I agree with all the above! Either pop the baby out or get another dr and definately change after. This kind of thing is just wrong. I love my dr, sure wish you could see him. Let us know if you need anything when the little one comes or even before. We are closer than you think.

Leslie said...

Run away! Run away!!

Ash said...

I agree with Les...but as for a discount and tell them why. Dont ask, DEMAND!!

Alicia @ The Creative Vault said...

Ross, you don't know me, I'm an old friend of Darrin and Holly. I have to tell you that this is the worst story I have ever heard. My mouth is still hanging open. I just wanted to let you know that I will be praying that you can switch doctors ASAP. Bless your heart...

Kaitlyn Devin and Grace said...

That sucks, but at least you have insurance, thats something to be happy about!

WillandTara said...

I hate female doctors. They seem to think that they dont have to play by all the rules. ( Yes I am biased) I need a dr with less hormones when I am prego. I would have switched too.

Ruth said...

Oh Ross, that sucks big time. I really hope you can switch doctors.

Cedric Anderson said...

Ross, DON'T SWITCH DOCTORS! I haven'e laughed this hard at a blog post for a long time... If horrible medical attention is the price to pay for my ammusment, you should be willing to pay it.

Ross, Toby and Holden said...

Dear Cedric,

If you lived closer I might spank you.

Love,

Ross

Page said...

Wow did I get behind on you! Thanks for the update and the laugh. Sorry about all the crap! If you do end up switching or for future reference I know a few excellent Dr.'s here! (And hey Jason delivered Connor) ( : JK anyway it was great to see you and we are getting back on dinner schedule. Next Goodrich dinner on the 18th- if you don't have a baby by then!

Dayna Jamison said...

Your doctor sounds like a tree hugging hippie! How unprofessional! Well, at least it makes for a funny story to tell your kids.