Darin and Toby testing the chute before they jump.
I am not sure who Toby loves more, Elmo or Holden, I mean Melmo.
Toby LOVES Elmo. The first time Toby saw little red Holden in nothing but his diaper he squealed with delight, "Melmo!" Do you see the resemblence?
Smotherly Love!
The first time Toby really ever wanted to sit with me and Holden.
I love this little chubby sleepy face.
Holden Everett Tiner
3:34 pm
8 lbs 7 oz
20 1/2 in
We went to the hospital at 6am on Thurs the 22nd. They had me going on the pitocin by about 7. Darin couldn't get a hold of his instructors and he was feeling a little uneasy about just not showing up, so to calm his nerves he went down to the school to make sure there wouldn't be any problems. He was back quickly, feeling relieved and happy to be with me.
Things were moving pretty good so they broke my water by 9, epidural by 9:30 and the rest of the day was fairly smoothe sailing. I had to have the epidural taken out and redone in a new spot as it made it's way into a blood vessel. The doc said there's a 1 in 50 chance of that. Ironically, the second one also made it's way into a blood vessel. He said that's a 1 in 2500 chance. I am so good at playing the odds! Anyway, I have some problem (I can't remember exactly what he called it) that will prevent the epidurals from being 100% effective. I will probably always feel it on my left side. I had the same problem with Toby. I think if I can ever make it to the day when I don't have to be induced maybe I'll just try it naturally??? They say contractions with pitocin are stronger and harder so I am thinking I can hack it.
They finally called the doctor around 2:30pm. I think it took her about 45 minutes to get there. The nurse was really toe tapping by the time she got there. It was kind of funny actually. The baby dropped down so quickly that I am pretty sure we were waiting for the doc for about 30 mins. The doctor walked in, put on a gown and 5ish minutes later we had a little big-boy in our hands.
I had a great nurse and an overall great experience. I was feeling so good and things were so hectic with Toby and other visitors in and out that I decided to go home Fri night. I have still been feeling really good. Better than I could have imagined which is a major relief! I had a REALLY hard time healing after Toby and so far this feels more like a walk in the park. Having my mom around has been wonderful. She has been really helpful and I feel crazy spoiled. Toby LOOOOOVES the baby. It's almost scary. I quickly realized that the hardest part about having two babies is going to be making sure that Toby's love doesn't kill Holden! He wants to put his finger in his ear, feed him grapes, lay on top of him, squeeze him and everything else you could think of. I find Toby giving Holden hugs all day long. It's really sweet. First thing in the morning Toby always calls for "baby" and runs to his bed to sneak a peak. Let's hope the adoration lasts. Darin seems to be doing pretty good with the changes. I am not sure how much he has felt the effects yet as my mom has been my fallback more so than him. I do think he must be a little more tired too. I am sure the real shock will come next week when I am doing it on my own and the house doesn't get clean and dinner doesn't get made until 8:30! Let's keep our fingers crossed.
20 comments:
Your baby is supermcute. Maggi has been waiting for you guys to post pictures.
Congrats Ross and Darin! He is a little cutie. Really reminds me of Toby as a newborn. I can't believe how big of babies you have! You are a trooper. Hang in there. We will have to come visit when we are in Vegas again.
P.S. Savannah is obsessed with Elmo as well. I think I hear that word 600 times a day. She even tries to sing the Elmo song. :)
This is the mild version of life in Tiner Town the past week! I have enjoyed every exhausting minute of it! :)
Love and hugs to the new and improved larger family,
Mom/Becky/Grammie/Chief Cook and Bottle Washer/Nanny/Househelper
congrats on your new baby I love the little tid bit about your son and your new baby. I hope that can help this summer when I have my baby and dealing with a toddler.
Congrats guys!
He's handsome. Looks a little more Goodrich than Toby.
I want to investigate that wrinkle across the bridge of his nose. Bodies are just so fascinating.
The wierd lone W.
Congratulations!! He is gorgeous, both your boys are!!
Congratulations! He is so sweet and I'm so glad Toby loves him. I'm glad your recovery is going well, we need to come see you, I'm going stir crazy waiting so that will be a good distraction.
Congratulations! He is so sweet and I'm so glad Toby loves him. I'm glad your recovery is going well, we need to come see you, I'm going stir crazy waiting so that will be a good distraction.
You know Page always needs to make her point twice :) Anyways...good job Ross. You start to wonder how worth it, it realy is then you see how dang cute they are and you would do it 18 times over again. He is a beauty!
I'll reapeat,, CONGRATULATIONs!!I'm glad everything went smoothly. It's so sweet that toby loves his little brother so much! You will be a great Mom to them!! I had a similar experience not getting numb on my left side with the epidural! Weird! Please call me if you need anything!! seriously! love you cuz!
i love melmo goodrich
I can just hear Toby calling out "Melmo!" in his high little boy voice. I'm glad Toby changed his mind about Holden now they can be the best of friends or Holden for now can at least be Toby's doll!! I miss you guys already.
Oh Congratulations guys...I'm so happy for you. You know Ross, I've been thinking a lot about you lately since I'll be having a baby end of July. I can't imagine how my life will change but, having read your post makes me feel like I can do it too!
Your baby is beautiful and I'm glad to know that everything went fine. Hope to see more pics later.
Love you guys!
Ruth, Jordan and Massey
Ross and other Tiners, the little big man is beautiful. I believe I am very happy you did not name him Henry, I like Holden. Best of everything, Aunt Robin.
Congrats!!! He is a beautiful little red baby. Good work on bringing him into the world Ross. Love you guys.
Congratulations Ross! He is sooo cute! How fun that Toby is so in love with him. I am glad to hear everything went smoothly for you:)
Congrats! He's gorgeous!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What beautiful children you have!
Ross, I totally understand how you're feeling with Darin being gone so much. It IS hard. Hang in there, and if you ever need a sympathetic ear, give me a call.
How sweet is baby Holden! he's soo cute! I love that Toby thought he was Elmo! that is classic. Okay, so now that I saw this post & saw him, you totally have to bring him over and come hang out! {when you/he are ready}
Post a Comment