03 September 2009

tidbits

1) We just watched "Danny Deckchair." I LOVED it. It is my favorite movie that I have seen in a long while. Not particularly amazing but TOTALLY Ross. Watch it and you'll see and maybe you'll love it too.

2) We are really learning a new side of Holden. STUBBORN. STUBBORN. STUBBORN. He has been difficult eating solids lately. I finally figured out that if he can hold the spoon and feed himself then he is perfectly happy to eat. He'll even let me take a turn or two. When he is finished eating, he won't take the spoon full of food from me and that's how I know he's done.

3) I finally got Toby to sit on the toilet...once. He wouldn't sit on it the right way so I turned him facing the tank. He proceeded to try and get IN the toilet. Eventually, I got him to SIT and hold onto the tank. He kept telling me, "It's coming." Nothing came except some real entertainment. "Choo, choo! Choo choo!" Did I mention that after I took his diaper off he also made me take off his shoes and shirt? Maybe he thought it was going to be a bath? Naked train rides...a new trend???

I have a cute pic of Holden feeding himself that I'll post tomorrow when I am my computer.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Yay! Thanks for the update. I was wondering recently how you were doing. Glad to know things seem to be going well.
My younger brother used to sit backward on the toilet, and he would OFTEN fall asleep with his head rested on the tank. Then, because she hadn't seen him in a while, my mom would panic and send the rest of us to scour the neighborhood looking for him. Eventually we learned to check the bathrooms first!

Anonymous said...

I'm with toby - shoes without underwear would feel too strange. I'd have to take them off too.

Tara said...

I love those kids! Holden sounds like Ila. They just want to be so big sometimes. Did you try using two spoons? One for him and one for you. That works sometimes. Anyway, cant wait to kiss those little ones in two weeks. The toilet is a crack up! Good luck!

RuthandJordan said...

Ross that's so funny. I couldn't stop laughing when I read Toby's toilet incident. I have the opposite problem with Massey, he loves sitting on the toilet...and play with his hands or anything he can get his hands on. One day he just sat for like 20 minutes but nothing happened..that kid.
miss you guys, you should post the pics we took at Karina's.
miss you guys.
Ruth