09 September 2008

if you didn't notice the widget changed color...

It's a girl!!!!!!! Or so we think. We had a mini ultrasound done by the doctor just to find the sex of the baby. Nothing was poking out from a few different angles so we are 90% sure it's a girl. We go in for the full meal deal ultrasound next week to check the babies development so if anything changes we'll let you know. I am pretty sure our news will remain constant.

It took me several hours to come to terms with having a girl. I kept saying to myself, "I am not a girl mom." Over and over and over. Then I realized if Heavenly Father is sending me a girl somewhere in me I must be a girl mom. I am going to go buy a girl outfit and hang it somewhere to help me get excited. Bear with me folks, I know I will love her just the same but I have to gear up for this one. I will be excited soon enough. I am happy, just not excited yet. I'll get there!!!!!! What can I say I am a hormonal pregnant lady!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh congrats! I have no doubts that you will make a WONDERFUL girl mom.

WillandTara said...

I couldn't be happier for Ila! I wanted her to have a girl cousin closer to her age. Congrats! Ross! I think you will be a wonderful girl Mom. You guys will talk about everything and she will adore you.

CC said...

you never know - maybe your girl daughter will be more like a boy daughter like her mama!

i'm excited about her.

Hilary said...

oh i am so excited! and i think you will be a great girl mom! you've always had a strong feminine (but not frilly) side.

Ruth said...

I want a baby girl!
That's awesome....
I love babies

Becky said...

CC, you gave me a good laugh! "A boy daughter like her mama!" Heaven help her then! haha I love tiny Tinerette already!