29 September 2008

the mid-weight champion of the world

Toby had a visit with the Dr. today. He is right on par with all of his milestones. I told her(the Dr.) that I was worried that Toby never crawled to which she promptly replied, "I wouldn't worry about it." That was a relief. I don't know why I was so worried but I am done with that.

Toby is now 23 1/2 lbs. (50th percentile), 32" tall (95th percentile), and his head is 19 1/2" (95th percentile). A true big headed Goodrich baby! Tall and lean; an orange on a toothpick.

He had to have 6 shots! 6! Holy cow. All but the flu shot were free since we don't have insurance. That was a perk. I was so glad that Darin was out of class early so he could be the one to hold him down for that. I am so glad the nurse was fast and I am SO glad that Darin brought Toby some M&Ms to help him feel better. The nurses couldn't believe that he was totally fine when we were checking out. They said he did SOO good for having so many shots. What a champ. We'll see if he is grumpy tomorrow. I have my fingers crossed!

***Update*** It's officially tomorrow and although he has only been up for a couple of hours, he seems to be feeling great! He woke up happy, maybe even happier than most days lately, he's been running around, laughing and being his normal cuddly/lovey self. PHEW! Three cheers for that!

12 comments:

CC said...

that reminds me of a story mom has told about me getting shots... apparently i couldn't walk cause my little legs hurt. she might be able to tell that story a little better.

Becky said...

Wellll ... One time Mercedes needed to get caught up and she had 4 shots, one in each arm and one in each leg. She was so sore she walked like a stiff robot. It was sooo sad. She was about 3 1/2-4yrs old. Philip told me to NEVER let anyone give one of the kids that many shots at once again!!!

I hope Toby is not a stiff sore robot walker tomorrow!

Leslie said...

Oh my! Six?? That poor kid! If he ISN'T grumpy today, he deserves a prize.

I always think the mom needs some M&M's afterward, too.

WillandTara said...

well we made you worry about it!!
Have you been missing his shots. 6 is a lot. I don't think any of my kids got 6 at once. you might want to look into that (come on worry baby, worry, worry...) it just seems weird. hopefullly only 3 of them were experimental

Will

Ross, Toby and Holden said...

Well, if you read right silly Willy, you would realize that one of them was the flu shot and apparently there was one that he needed catching up on. Otherwise it would have been 4. I didn't feel like doing 4 visits of shots in the next three months to get him current. Sounds more nighmare-ish than one round of 6 doesn't it?

WillandTara said...

Ross, Why are you behind on your shots for your baby? HEHEHEHEHE

WORRRY WORRY WORRY :)

Love Tara

PS Ila had 3 shots today and I wanted to cry for her. Her face was so sad.

CC said...

i'm not even a mom and i feel sad about babies getting shots.

my 28 year old friend had to get a tetanus shot the other day for a new job at the hospital and more than a week later she is still sore.

Whit and Jake said...

Way to go Babe Toby! He is a trooper taking six shots at once and not feeling any kind of cranky or sore from it. Ross you better thank your lucky stars for getting a tough boy. I have to say I feel for Toby. I have been giving myself a shot every week for three months now and I still get nervous and anticipate it every week.

Rhiann said...

Hi my name is Rhiann Young, our husbands have been good friends for a while. We thought we would stop by your blog and say hi. We saw thought you also know my brother jason and his wife bonnie sabatini. please tell darin that quentin and his family say hello! you have a beautiful family.

Monica said...

I was just thinking about how big you think Toby is getting and how big he will seem to you when you have your next baby. My first two are twenty months apart. And my oldest seemed so little to me until I had my second then she just grew up over night. You will probably see the same with your little guy.

Page said...

Glad to hear he recovered, also glad to hear you are adjusting to your new life/schedule. Please don't forget you have more family in town, if you ever get bored/lonely give us a call.

Kathy Miner said...

I don't believe we've officially met yet. I am Kat Miner. I'm in your ward. I'm sure I'll meet you soon. I am Jenni's Visiting Teacher. Anyways I just Didn't want you to think I was a stranger. Your story brought back memories when my (now 17 month old) was 6 months and he had a doctors appointment for his(immunizations). To make a long story short. He was given (4) shots of AIR. Doctor realized there was no medication in them. So then he had to give him (4) more shots, giving him a total of (8) shots all together. Is that horrible or what. We definately had the Tylenol and Tissues out. That will never happen again. Take care.