14 October 2008

mumbo jumbo

This last week specifically was super busy. I was babysitting and driving all over town almost every day/night. It was one of those weeks that you feel like somewhere you were lost and left behind. This week I was found and re-energized and decided to tackle some projects that I have had in mind for a bit. I thought up (my first original creative project ever)and started this art project, more like wall decor a couple of weeks ago, that if I get off of the computer I can finish tonight! Luckily, what I started works perfectly with my new couch, which we love. Everyone that sits on it loves it. So...finding the couch itself was a project but I finished that right quick and got a smokin' deal. With the couch and the wall project, I decided it's about time to finish painting all of my yard-sale/thrift store furniture so I can have a cohesive look to my home. So far I have only done the tv stand and it looks SO good. Now I just need to do a couple of end tables and a couple of bookcases. I can't wait. I am going to have a real home! After those are done I am finally going to paint the kitchen and the office/playroom. The color is beautiful and warm and cheery and I am so excited. It's like I am on "Design on a Dime" except it's taking me months instead of hours. My biggest accomplishment so far is getting the backyard all ship shape. Yesterday, I spent about 3 hours out there working almost non-stop pulling weeds and trimming trees and bushes. That may not seem like a long time to many of you, but when you are 6 mos. pregnant, out of shape and your yard is only 15X40 with cement covering close to half, believe me it was a BIG job. I wish I would have taken before pics so that afters could have been impressive. I was SOOO tired and achey when I was done I thought I might go to bed and never wake up again. Really I think being constantly bent over and smashing my belly is what did it. Luckily today I was mostly renewed minus the puffy bags under my eyes! I promise to post photos of all the business for you Curious Georges. Wish me luck!



I know it's not the best pic but my living isn't really big enough to get all of that in at a good angle (that thing is pretty massive if you didn't notice). I just didn't feel like standing on the countertop!

***Sidenote*** Look at the color of the carpet and the color of the walls. Whoever chose that paint color was smoking crack. Not only do we have to look at those colors outside in the desert, we now have to look at them plastered all over the inside of our house. It's not as bad in person as it is in the photo but...seriously. Hopeully once I get the stuff on the wall and some decorative pillows the space will feel not so monotonous.



***Toby has turned the computer off on me twice while I have been trying to update. Let's see if I can manage this time! So...I am not sure that I am in love with it. It's better than what I had before and it is the fruit of my labor so I have to appreciate it for that. I bought the three different colors of burlap and stretched it over garage sale frames and embroidery hoops. It's a little more retro than I was going for but that's ok. Hopefully it doesn't look too ridiculous. Something new, something cheap. I am such an amazing artist. Just kidding.

12 comments:

Leslie said...

Can I come crash on that comfy couch??

WillandTara said...

Love it Ross. I have to say, your design is so creative. It is so you. Don't you love being domestic? I just love it.

Tara

CC said...

oh you domestic artist, you. i'm cracking up that you are sick of the brown all around you, but you totally decorated in those colors. goober.

Whit and Jake said...

I think it is really cute and creative. A cheap way to add some decor fun to your house. I can't wait until I get a sewing machine! I even can't wait to come and sit on your new couch.

Anonymous said...

Very Creative! I had to idea you could buy burlap in more than one colour.

Woodards said...

we have the same color walls...

Becky said...

I think it turned out cute! Go ahead, pat yourself on the back. And then ... keep on creating! :)

Dayna Jamison said...

I love the wall decor Ross. You are very creative and crafty my friend.

Ruth said...

Ross, it sounds like your totally nesting...that's awesome.. I love what you've done with your living room. post pics of your backyard, I want to see it. I also love the picture of you pregnant. I just love how we look when we're pregnant, but hate how we feel. Anyways, we miss you guys. My dad is doing better, so we've decided to throw a halloween party at Brad and Olivia's house to cheer up our spirits and to celebrate. We'll miss you guys.
Say hi to Toby. Massey will be 8 months this week and he weighs 23 lbs 6 oz. We still love him though.
Well give Toby a kiss from us!

Becky said...

I love your new family pic and round belly in the "new" landscape you call home. :)

Hugs,
Mom/Grammie

Page said...

You are a very cute preganat person! I am 22 weeks now and people still don't believe I am expecting, I keep asking the Dr. are you sure she's in there? I'm not complaining, I'll pop out soon enough. I really like your decor, I may steal that last idea for the kids room, cute.

mel hines said...

I love it. I like browns. As you know, the apartment Mercedes and I share is FULL of them. We are working on decorating. Ha. The process is slow-going at best. It's not our priority...

p.s. I think you are the cutest pregnant girl ever and you should always be pregnant. :)