29 September 2008

darin update (and me)

Well, now that he is in week 5 of school Darin seems to be settling into things. As most of you know, he is a natural student so I don't think it has come too hard. Not to say it isn't difficult but he has adjusted well to the long hours of studying and his 14 courses for this semester. I am impressed by his dedication and pleasant demeanor so far. He is going to do great! I know he going to be a great dentist. He is such a good example to me. He really has the desire to do things his absolute best and he can't wait to be able to help people. Where did I find this guy!? He keeps telling me that it is going to be so fun to be a dentist. It always makes me giggle a little. A random side note: I am pretty sure Darin has lost close to 10 lbs since we have been here. Soon he is going to melt away to nothing! He claims he doesn't notice a difference but I am pretty sure he notices and feels better too.

As for Toby and me, we are adjusting well, too. It was difficult at first because I didn't really know what to expect. Now we really enjoy every moment we get with him. I think that both of us love him a little more now that we don't have him at our beckon call. I am learning to be a better, more supportive wife and hopefully a better mother too. It was a real adjustment for me to transition to full-time stay-at-home mom but I just love it now. I love that I have the chance to watch/help Toby learn and grow.

So that's the scoop for now. We'll see if we're all so happy in a few months when I am cranky and uncomfortable and Darin has finals. Wish us luck! I think we can do it!

4 comments:

Woodards said...

Dr Darin- what is wrong with my tooth?!?!

Becky said...

I think I found Darin's 10lbs!!!

Sometimes the old addage: 'absense makes the heart grow fonder' is so true. If we can only remember those feelings when that person is rubbing us the wrong way! :)

Love and miss ya,
Mom

Leslie said...

I am so happy for you! I hope all four years go as smoothly.

Having such a busy hubby, definitely makes you appreciate the time that you do have together.

Whit and Jake said...

I envy Darin for his study habits and his natural ability to be such a great student - he amazes me! I don't doubt he will be an amazing dentist.

Be grateful that you got over two years of having that time with Darin. One day you will have it again and it will be even better.

Darin, how did you lose 10lbs...I need to know so I can do it?!