25 September 2008

the emporers new shoes



Due to a certain unfortunate bowel problem, I have been letting Toby go bare bottomed a lot the last few days so he can air out.

I bought the sandals for him on my outlet excursions, but unfortunately they are too small. (Can you believe I already have to buy size 6!? Luckily it's still summer weather because I can't afford to keep buying shoes for him!) I haven't had the chance to return said shoes and apparently Toby is IN LOVE with them. Anytime he sees them he brings one to me to put on. I should have taken a picture of the one shoe wear. Part of me wants to keep them because he enjoys wearing them so much!(and yes CC, I know you think they are hiteous. if you can find better that can go in water let me know.)

7 comments:

Whit and Jake said...

I just want to squeeze that crooked-crack, bare-bottom boy!

Hilary said...

ok...please tell me those are the ones you are taking back!!! you cannot have a kid wearing sandals with his toes hanging off the end!

Page said...

I'll check my shoes and see if I have any your size. I no longer have need of boy items. PS Daniel is getting baptized on Saturday. Call me or mom if you guys want to come.

Hilary said...

ok so i'm a tard...if i would have read the post first, i would have known that those are the ones you were going to return.

WillandTara said...

I am with CC, those are sick. But I will also confess that Jonas has some very similar and I cringe every time he wants to wear them to preschool.

PS Ila's shoe obession rubbed off from your little visit.

CC said...

i'm proud of ila and her shoe fetish.
toby's shoes are sick, super sick, but i (cringe) understand that he needs some water shoes and those were cheap. i'm super cracking up at the size though.

Becky said...

Be careful how long you let a lil one run around bare bottomed! I have had to clean up some messes I had no one to blame for but myself! Yukkkkkkk! haha