Here is a new post. He is sick of my rant. I am sick of my rant too. I haven't really felt like blogging. Life has been so busy it seems overwhelming to document it all well enough to share. Here is the abbreviated version.
-After Holden's birth we have had a lot of visitors. Whitney and my mom came to help and it was great having them. They were more helpful than I could have imagined. I felt truly spoiled. It was so sad to see them go. Isn't it funny how becoming a mom creates a need for your mom? She was amazing. And let me tell you, Whit is a new woman. I never knew she could be so domestic and so...I can't think of the word but she just took control and did what needed to be done. Where did my baby sis go?
-We bought a mini-van. A 2007 Nissan Quest and I am in love with it. It makes me so happy to drive it. I didn't think I'd ever have this nice of a car.
-After a tri-city search (thanks Pop and Whit)I got a new camera that I love almost as much as my new car. It is the Canon Powershot G10. It's the perfect hybrid. I found it at Circuit City for $150 less than any other place. Whit found one in Oxnard and shipped it to me. THANK YOU WHIT!
-Darin had his White Coat Ceremony. It is a right of passage to officially become a student doctor. I'll elaborate more on that with pics and more detail soon. Maybe I should make him write about it. He knows more than I do. AND he is the one who is griping for me to post something new.
-Darin's mom came into town for a quickie weekend to see the kids and meet Holden. It was great to see her. My parents came that same weekend as did Darin's Grandparents. We had fun going to Bonnie Springs with Darin's siblings, my parents and Grandpa Odom. He is a crackup. Ashley was in town and her and Allyn came over for a bit. Silly how she is so close but I never get to see her for more than 45 min. It was fun to see all of the family in bits and pieces.
-CC came for a belated birthday visit. It didn't dawn on me until just now that we didn't even do anything birthday related. It was so nice having CC one on one. I honestly think the last time that happened I was living with her. Yes, I had to share her with the babies but you know what I mean. For me, the trip was too short. It was hectic. These boys sure kept us busy. They always keep me busy. Sorry I didn't have anything stupendously fun planned CC. I hope I didn't let you down. I just loved seeing you. I really wish you were closer. I didn't realize how much I missed you.
-Toby is as amazing of a big brother as a 19-month old can be. He still loves Holden to pieces and still looks for him very first thing every single morning. Sometimes, when he is grumpy Holden is the only thing that can cheer him up. He is talking a lot more and really turning into a boy. He jumps off of everything that he can. Luckily he doesn't know how to jump that well yet! He loves to help me with chores and learn new things. I love that little boy. I could just squeeze him and I do!
-Holden is 6 weeks old and starting to get the hang of things. At his 6 week check up he was 23 1/4" long and 13 lbs. I think he is going to be a pretty happy baby. He loves to smile. I don't remember our serious Toby smiling this much. He is finally starting to get some hair. I think it is going to be brown. His eyes are blue. One brown eyed boy and one blue eyed boy. They are both so cute.
-Darin is busy with school as always. He does an amazing job balancing school and family. It can't be easy and we love him for it. It is fun to hear what he is learning/doing and surreal to think that he is well on his way to becoming a dentist. He has resolved to start running again. He realized that he needed something to get his blood pumping. I am glad that he is making time for himself. He deserves it.
-I have lost all of my baby weight and then some. I still have 20 to go to get my goal. Really though, progress is progress and I am happy with that. I am getting more sleep and feeling better every day. I can cope now and am actually half productive! I can't wait to see how this feels with 3 kids! I can't imagine having 18. I would barf. Also, I chopped off my hair into a cute a-line bob. It feels light and healthy. It is a good change.
Can you believe that's abbreviated!? Me either. Love you all. I'll post pics soon.
11 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better. I KNOW you're feeling better, because you said, "I can't wait to see how this feels with 3 kids!"
Um, Brianna is 2 1/2, and I can't think about trying to have a third child without returning to the fetal position, rocking back and forth, and mumbling incoherently.
I really thought I'd be a better mother than I've turned out to be.
Thank you for this post Ross. We've so been wondering how you guys are doing and what you've been up to. Looking forward to catching up even more this weekend - can't wait!
Easy squeezy!!! 2's company, 3's a crowd.
Will
I'm telling Ila you said that.
i love you so much and i miss you everyday! my only disappointment with my trip is that it wasn't enough time with my sissy, it never is. you're just going to have to move back to portland.
Ross
I am so glad that you are feeling better. Holden is a cute little baldy. You know me, I love my bald babies :) Sounds like you are going to be back in fighting shape in no time. Good for you, keep up the hard work~!~
Ross,
1. I love that Toby has his finger in his nose in your header picture.
2.I, too, am so glad that you are feeling better!
3.Holden is SO DANG CUTE!
4.Take lots of pictures with your new camera! Also, go to www.momtog.com. She is this awesome photographer that gives really good tips about taking pictures of your kids. Karly, you should go there too!
Rossy, you are awesome! It is not easy to recover from Post-partum, and you are doing great. I love the pics of the babies and as your Aunty Robin, I really need more. When I saw Toby with your Pop last month, I couldn't believe what a little boy he is, not a baby anymore. Love Ya!
Bossy,
I am sorry pop and I could only stay for a couple. It is suck-a-dee that I dont see you more. Lets make it a new goal. I miss you and love you so much it needs to happen. Glad you are doing well...ANSWER THE BLOODY PHONE!! XOXO
Ross, you are a GREAT mother. Three is not so bad. Getting through the first few years is busy and sometimes really hard, but you have a family who loves you on both sides. I think two kids was the hardest for me. Congrats on the weight, it always takes me a year to loose it.
Loved reading this news! Your new family picutre cracks me up! You and Darin look good, Toby is being a kid with his finger in his nose and Holden looks like a little old man! haha
Oh, Ross!
You guys are such an amazing family, and it sounds like things are going good for you guys. We get to find out the sex of the baby tomorrow, I can't wait. I'm glad to hear that you've lost all of your baby weight, that's awesome!!
Please give Holden and Toby a big kiss from us. We love you guys!
Post a Comment