When Toby was throwing up a few weeks ago he finally understood what yucky means. We now have all things yucky. Somehow he, seemingly overnight, got perfectly particular. It is...well...interesting.
Eating a cookie and drinking some milk - OH NO! The choc from his mouth was on the spout of sippy cup and even after I rinsed it off he wouldn't drink out of it.
ONE grape had some imperfections on the skin and it was so yucky that he refused to eat any more. Period. I'll try them again today.
He has to have shoes on when he plays in the pool in the backyard because when things stick to his feet he can't deal.
I changed Toby's sheets yesterday and put on a different one than the plain white ones that I had been using before. After we sang songs and said a prayer, I layed him down in the darkish and he flipped! He cried and tugged and pulled. That was not his sheet and he was not going to sleep on it. Seriously?
When Toby gets out of bed in the morning he has to take EVERYTHING that is in his bed with him. This morning we took: two blankies, a pillow, a puppy, a monkey, a cow, two large trucks, a sippy with water, two pacifiers, and probably 6 hot wheels. Sometimes when he turns his back I kick stuff under the bed so I don't have to carry it all. It's hard taking him and his stuff and Holden! That's a big load!
So random. For my mental sanity I try to think fast and see ahead of the moment to avoid these fatalities. It keeps one going! Too bad mental workouts don't burn fat!
***On a side note: When he says yucky is sounds like yut-ty. He also says o-tay for ok all drawn out in his sweet little deep innocent voice. Sometimes, I ask him questions just so I can hear him say o-taaaaay. I'll ask him, "Do you love so and so?" and he says, "Oh yeah. Daddy. Yeah. Yeah." He is so cute.
15 July 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
hahahahahahahaha!
wonder where he gets that from??
Toby needs a purse - Something to put all his treasures into! His quirks sure are cute. Cuter to hear about than deal with I'm sure!
Kids are funny! Unpredictable but funny! PS You know you can always come hang out if you have air/house problems!
And don't forget "ohh geezzz" I love that one! You are going to love the memories. :)
that is to funny, maybe potty training wont take to long if he is that particular.
Hey did you hear? We are having another girl, so Holden can have a girlfriend too. How about the next time we switch it up and you have the girl and I will have the boy :) In like 5 years. :)
Post a Comment